Sunday, November 11, 2012

Eggplant baked with cheese and tomatos


This September we had a National Cuisine week and recipes exchange in our Etsy Russian Artists Team. One of our team member Svetlana from NESWeddingGarden has shared on her blog a fantastic recipe that I want to share with you. So… eggplant baked with cheese and tomato. To cook it you will need:
1. 1 large eggplant
2. ½ or 1 head of garlic
3. 3 tbsp mayonnaise
4. 300 gr. grated cheese
5. herbs (I use parsley but any others will be also great)
6. 1 tbsp vegetable oil
7. salt

First slice the eggplant, season with salt and leave for 20-30 minutes. After that place the eggplant pieces on a baking pan in one layer, brush the eggplants with vegetable oil and cover the pan with baking paper or folium. Bake them on 250°C for about 30 minutes until they become golden brown.

Mix the mayonnaise with crushed garlic and spread a thin layer of the mix on top of each slice. Slice a tomato and place 1 piece of it on the top of every eggplant. Fold 1 pieces of eggplant on each other in a column making a “sandwich”. Add some shredded cheese and chopped herbs on top.

Returned it to the oven for additional 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy your meal!


Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! from Canada. I subscribe to Mollie Makers and in my last magazine I am trying your wonderful Owl wristwarmers! Struggling with the left thumb hole...but I will get it...how generous of you to share this great pattern. Thank you very much. Your knitting and designs are amazing and my skill level doesnt come close, but I do admire your skill. I am very happy to have found you , your etsy shop and blog! I will visit again soon...Thank you again. ♥Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was applying for a loan to purchase my building as a small business owner in a tough situation, conventional banks said they could not help me. Mr Pedro, a loan officer, sat down with me, heard my situation and decided that I was worth taking a chance on. Here we are 3 years later and I have just renewed my loan for another 7 years. I couldn’t have purchased my building without the help of Mr Pedro and will be forever indebted to them for giving me a chance when no one else would."
    I will recommend you to contact a loan officer Mr Pedro on the information below if you need any financial assistance.Email & Chat: +1 863 231 0632 pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete